Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post Valentines Day Run Down

Just to wrap things up quickly, we had a nice supper, even nicer jumbo margaritas, and a good visit.  That may sound kinda wierd, but the truth is, we rarely see much of each other these days.  He's an early riser, I get up 10 minutes before I have to be out the door; I'm lucky to be home by 7:00, he's usually asleep on the couch by 8:00.  Doesn't leave much time for talking, now does it?  We do get a little more time on the weekends,  but unless I want to spend my day outside chucking wood or working in the shop, it's not that much more.  I don't know - maybe that works for us.  Sure leaves less time for fighting!  The key to a successful marriage is limited time together??? 

It's Tuesday, and that means it's Jazzercise day.  My friend Amy and I, along with her daughter Madison, started going to Jazzercise twice a week about a month ago.  I find myself with mixed feelings on these days.  The old me definitely does not look forward to exercise in any way, shape or form.  But at the same time, I have to say that it is fun.  And I do feel better after working out.  For sure I'm more aware of what I'm eating on these days, which is better than not at all.  I'm gradually trying to change my eating habits rather than going on another DIET.  Maybe a different approach will have different results.  I'm also concentrating less on pounds and more on improvements in my health, such as lower blood sugar levels, lower blood pressure, and lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.  If I can improve them significantly, it could mean lowering or even stopping medication, which would be awesome.  Hopefully the rest (weight loss, body changes) will follow.  I have a feeling that starting with exercise instead of diet will help me be more successful this time.  Fingers crossed!

If today is Tuesday, that can only mean one thing -- tomorrow is Carterday!  I'm hoping I can pick him up tonight -- it's always so nice when he can spend the night before.  Papa gets to see more of him that way, and I get my little cuddle bug!  We took his Valentine's gifts to him last night, and he was so excited to see us!  I was surprised that when we got ready to leave, he was all happy and telling us BAH!  (that's bye in Carter-speak) and he wasn't the least bit upset.  Then I realized it wasn't us he was telling bah -- it was mom and dad.  He thought he was going with us.  Poor little guy -- as soon as we shut the garage door I heard him start crying.  Like all kids,  he's always ready to go somewhere with whoever's leaving.  So hopefully tonight, he can say bah and mean it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment