Saturday, February 11, 2012

She's baaaaack!

I spent last night at Mom’s house, and here’s what she told me this morning:


“I can’t even describe how good it feels to get up, get dressed, make my bed, and start a load of laundry without having to sit down and rest.” This from a woman who just a week ago couldn’t even get dressed without having to lay down and rest. I think it’s safe to say she’s back to her old self.  See – I told you she’s not down for the count just yet!

I still went ahead and spent the day with her -- just cause I could.  Erin and Carter stopped by for a visit, no better medicine in the world than a hug and a kiss from that little boy!  He even helped her open her mail today.


 
Carter came home with me later.  Mommy and Daddy were headed to Topeka to get groceries, and I know how much smoother that goes without "extra help" so he was more than happy to come to the farm.  Especially since it meant getting to see Maggie, who's been here since we started baby-watch 2012.  Speaking of which, doesn't seem like there's much to report in that area.  Poor Erin is miserable, while apparently, baby girl is in no hurry to meet the rest of us!  Carter even whispered to mommy's belly today "come out and play with me".  Maybe she'll listen to big brother!
 
WOW, just heard on the news that Whitney Houston died.  Wish I could say I'm surprised.  She started down that road a long time ago.  Such a waste of talent.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Aunt Jean is back to old self. Give her a hug and kiss from me!

    Hope baby girl Gibby comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to read that your mom is doing well!

    ReplyDelete