Thursday, February 16, 2012

Carterday

I’m back to share this week’s Carterday with everyone. The morning started off by going to feed cattle with PaPa, as usual. He told me he made the tires spin – wheee! He also told me he had a snowball fight with PaPa. We didn’t have much snow left, but there were a few patches – enough to make him happy!


When they got back he played in the house for a bit, but then started asking to go back outside. I helped him get his boots and coat on, and he headed out while I finished getting my own self ready. When I went back out, he had wandered across the yard, and this is what I saw.



Ahh, the joys of potty training. The funniest part was when I got out there he was shivering so, he was unable to do anything. Next up was more snowballs. He may need to practice making them a little, but he’s got the right idea!



And what’s better than snow? Why, mud puddles of course! Good thing he was wearing his rubber boots!


Moving on – he wanted to go into the shop and see what PaPa was doing. When he saw the old orange truck torn down he was very worried about it. “PaPa! What HAPPENED to your truck?” Of course Greg goes into detail telling him how the head was cracked and he had to replace a piston, blah blah blah. He even got the old piston out to show Carter the crack. Not sure he was too impressed with that. He did, however, enjoy Greg’s magnet stick thingy (whatever, I’m not an expert on tools people) you use to pick up nuts and bolts and STUFF off the floor. Or maybe you use it to retrieve that stuff when if falls in your motor? IDK. Carter didn’t care what it was for, he just liked carrying it around!


but what is it???



ohhh - it's a drum stick?



Lucy's VERY worried about the situation....

Back outside for more snow and puddle fun. Maggie has been at the farm now for a couple of weeks, so they had fun playing with each other. Her favorite thing lately is barking at all the birds in the trees. Doesn’t take much to entertain her!





After lunch, we watched Home Alone 3 again……. Funny note here – when Carter spent the night last weekend, he kept telling me he wanted to watch “ERIC” or at least that’s what I thought he was saying. I quizzed him about it, and still couldn’t figure out what he was talking about. We even called Mommy and Daddy to see if they could understand him, but it sounded like ERIC to them too. Finally, he told me there was a MOM and a DAD in the movie, and I remembered when we watched Home Alone 3, the little boy’s name in the movie is ALEX. When I said “oh – you mean ALEX?” his face lit up and he said YEAH! ERIC!

When we left to go home, we barely got out of the driveway before he was sound asleep. He really fights taking a nap in the afternoon now, so that was the result. He’s a stinker, but he’s OUR stinker, and we love him to pieces! Never a dull moment, that’s for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment