Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sleep - It's Highly Overrated

Here's a riddle for you:

After being sick with the flu for 2 days, what is the one thing your body still needs but cannot give itself?

anyone.... anyone???? bueller????

Well considering it's 12:34 in the AM and I have to be up for work in something like 4 hours, the answer must be sleep.  I've done nothing but for the last 48 hours, and I don't wanna do it anymore!

This flu, by the way, sucks.  Well what flu doesn't you must be asking me.  Uh, any flu that I don't get, that's what!  Ok, that's not true.  I did feel awful for all my friends and family when they started getting sick a week ago.  Just not as bad as I felt when I got it!  Ok, that's not true either.  I do have a heart.  And knowing my loved ones are suffering, well it doesn't feel so good either.  Hopefully we're all over this crap.  I'm the last one to get it (as far as I know) and we all stayed away from Mom, so if she gets sick, don't look at us!  

Speaking of Mom, I've got the bad daughter guilts again.  2 weeks ago she asked me to "be on the lookout" for a couple of items.  She mentioned that she didn't need them anytime soon, just whenever I had the chance.  MOTHER!  Have you met me?  Do you not know after 52 (I just typed 53 -- I've got SORAS*!) years if you want me to do something you must give me a deadline?  And it must be earlier than the ACTUAL deadline?   So one of the last things I thought about before I got sick was that I need to get that stuff for mom.  And then I didn't.  She called me yesterday to see if I had her stuff yet.  FAIL.  So first thing tomorrow after work, I shall trudge my way to Walmart and buy anything and everything she needs and/or might need for the next month, so I can put the guilts away for a while.

While I'm there I guess I should start looking around for birthday gift ideas for a 3 year old!  Can you believe my sweet little angel baby is going to be 3 in 3 short weeks?  Where has the time gone? 







and in just 6 weeks, we'll be debuting a new little gibby girl for all to see!  Flu-schmoo.  I've got too much to do to let that slow me down.  However,  this meema probably does need her sleep!  Nighty night!



*SORAS for those of you who did not grow up watching soaps with their grannys:  Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome

No comments:

Post a Comment