Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Carterday



It’s my favorite day of the week – Carterday. What’s that? Your calendar doesn’t have a Carterday? It’s the day between Tuesday and Thursday. At least in my house it is. He’s taking his afternoon nap, which means I’ve got a few minutes to write something.

No question, watching Carter is the highlight of my week. We have so much fun! He’s got lots of toys to play with, but of course, sometimes he’d rather play with cabinet doors, TV remotes, and anything else he can get his hands on. He’s also obsessed with Hossy. Problem is, if he gets too close, Hossy growls at him, and I’m sure would bite him if he had the chance. That means I have to really be on my toes. Luckily Hossy spends a lot of his time on the back of the couch where Carter can’t get to him.

I can’t believe Carter will be a year old in less than a month. Where has this past year gone? I can’t even remember life before him!

2 hrs later…. nap over, bottle, and half a tub of fruit, and Great Grandma Bryson came to visit. He played peek-a-boo with her, using the sheet on the couch to cover his head. He also showed her how well he can shoot his basketball. Ok, maybe not shoot, but he puts it in the hoop and scores points! He was sure happy to see Momma when she got here.

And now he’s gone home, and the house is terribly quiet. Can’t wait till next Carterday!!!




Here's a couple of pictures from today. I have more, but between my slow internet connection and blogger, it's taking too long to load them.





Mega Blocks = Mega Yum!
What? Can't you see I'm busy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, happy Carterday! I'm sure you have a ball watching him every Wednesday. It's great for you to be able to help Erin out and bond with your grandson, too. It looks like he's going to need a haircut soon the way his hair is growing. Have fun with him and please keep posting to your blog. I love hearing how you are doing and how Carter is growing and changing. Take care friend! - Jillybean

    ReplyDelete