Monday, March 9, 2009

blessings





It's been one month since our lives took a wondrous turn. One month ago, Carter Kahle arrived, and our lives are changed forever. It's been almost 26 years since I first came to know the unconditional love a parent has for a child, and although my memory ain't what it used to be, I'll never forget that feeling of euphoria. The good news is it only gets better! Now we can fully enjoy him without the worries that go with being a parent. There is that pesky problem of sharing him with his Mommy and Daddy, and of course his Grandma and Grandpa G. But I'm learning to live with that.


A friend told me that for now, I should take every chance I get to cuddle and rock him, while he still likes it. How true. I could sit all day staring into those big eyes of his, and not to toot my own horn or anything (ha) but when he's being a little fussy butt, I hold him close to my face and talk softly to him and before you know it, he's mesmerized. He also likes my singing. Hmm, he obviously doesn't know what singing is supposed to sound like yet. Erin says he likes XM 60s on 6. His papa will be thrilled for that. I personally plan to introduce him to something a little more modern. By age two, he'll be singing along with Hinder, Seether, and Theory of a Dead Man. (note to self - go to Walmart and buy the "cleaned up" version of those cds)



And what, you may ask, is better than becoming a grandparent? Just when I didn't think I could ever love my daughter more, watching her become a mother has taken it to a whole new level. I'm bursting with pride!!!














No comments:

Post a Comment