Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Your Jokes

Dear Mom 

Six months. Does 6 months in heaven feel as long as it does here?  I’m trying hard to think of the positives that come from your passing. Obviously you are in heaven with our Lord, and nothing can top that!  And I believe you’ve been reunited with all your loved ones who passed before you.  And how wonderful it must be to be pain free and healed of your ailments!  That part sounds pretty good about right now!  (we'll save that story for another time)  

I wonder, do you miss me as much as I miss you?  Do you see what’s going on in my life?  Do you hear me talking to you?  I really need to believe you do.  As much as I miss my mom, I miss my best friend even more.  Yes, I still have great friends who I love dearly. And believe me, I have leaned on them a lot in the last 6 months. But it’ll never be the same.

I ate lunch today at the Sale Barn, and we sat at a table with 3 lovely women from your generation. Our waitress was the same age. And oh did she remind me of you!  So ornery and quick witted!  Giving the other ladies a hard time, but all in fun. The ladies at our table reminded me of some of your friends as well. The sweet but quiet woman who drives them around (although she didn’t drive a green van šŸ˜‰). The leader, who was the most talkative, and who proudly shared that she was 90 years old! And then there was the complainer. I’m sure you know who that reminded me of!!!  She mentioned that the son of a friend had recently had his tongue clipped, and he was much easier to understand now. Well you know I had to tell her my story about tongue clipping!  When I said the Dr. clipped it too much they all looked at me in disbelief. Until I explained that perhaps I talk TOO much as opposed to struggling to talk before it was clipped. They all laughed, and when I told them y’all said I was vaccinated with a phonograph needle, I thought they were going to lose it!  So thanks for telling me stories that I can share and use to bring a little laughter to others. I laughed too. If felt good to think of you and laugh. I suspect it wasn’t a coincidence that there wasn’t anywhere else to sit today šŸ˜‰šŸ˜‰

Well what do you know.  I’m actually feeling a little better after sharing this with you. I think I might do this again. Please don’t ever forget how much I love you and miss you.

Love Barb


No comments:

Post a Comment