Friday, July 15, 2011

Not Ready To Quit Yet

It's been a week now since I was shocked back to reality, and I'm happy to say I haven't lost any momentum.  The changes in my eating habits have been pretty easy to make.  I'm still completely dependent upon my Sparkpeople food diary and don't put a thing in my mouth without consulting it first.  In looking back over the last week I've discovered I actually need to eat MORE carbs!  I was so worried about carbs in the beginning that I searched out all the low carb foods I could find, but I'm starting to see that I don't have to do that with every little thing I eat.  If I have to choose between low carb not so tasty and regular with just a few extra carbs, I can have what I like.  I think knowing this will help me stay on track. 

The walking has been more of a challenge. It's way too hot out now to walk outside, so I'm walking to the DVD, but walking in place (even with the extra fancy stuff they throw in) gets very boring.  Something for me to work on, I guess!

In other news not just about ME ME ME, we have 6 new baby kitties, courtesy of Scheid Farms.  And you thought they just raised cattle over there!  Carter called Aunt Jan Wednesday morning and asked "Where are the kitties?"  so she immediately gathered up all she could find at the time (ha) and brought them over.  Most of them are really tame, and two in particular were willing to be mauled by a 2 1/2 year old.  After a few minutes they all scattered to places unknown for naps.  It took most of the day for 4 of them to come of out hiding, and we took them outside to their new home - the garage.  The other two were a bit more difficult - the last one wasn't caught until 8:30 that night.  They've all settled in nicely, and seem to be getting along pretty well with the other cats and the dogs.  Luckily Lucy is a cat lover.  Most cattle dogs are not, so we're grateful for that.  Hossy likes to play with them too.  I took a few pictures the evening they came,  but it was getting dark, so they didn't turn out great.  Hopefully I can get some better ones, but for now here they are:


5 of the 6  from left unnamed gray girl, Cup Cake, Taffy, Fondue, and Jelly Bean


last but not least, Muffin


no really, Jelly Bean LOVES being held like this!


Poor gray kitty needs a name.  They are obviously all named for food items. (Yes I love torturing myself, thanks for asking)  Jan named Muffin, and the rest just fell in line,  Cup Cake looks just like muffin, but he has frosting on his face, Jelly Bean is named for Greg's favorite - Black Jelly Beans, Taffy - well just look at him, and Fondue - you can't tell in this picture, but his back legs and front feet look like they've been dipped in marshmallows.  But the little gray girl has me stumped.  Suggestions are welcome. 


Our garden is coming along.  There are several GREEN tomatoes.  Wish they'd hurry up and ripen!  We picked a few banana peppers and 2 ears of corn Wednesday.  Erin says Carter doesn't really like corn, but he sure likes corn on the cob!


I worked hard for this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment